Tuesday, August 4, 2009

French Lessons at Red Rose Children's Centre

I am Edmond Mugisha and a Burundian living in Nairobi, Kenya. I volunteer to teach French at RedRose School and Children Centre. French , as one of the most important foreign languages in Africa, will be helpful to pupils of this school. Not only will French allow them to express themselves , but it will also open opportunities for them to meet French speakers and therefore open windows to the rich French culture and literature. Many great and famous writers and authors are French . Speaking French will help the pupils understand their works and improve their knowledge.

Five years I spent in seminary and mostly in missionaries of Africa (white fathers) strengthened my sense of serving. I appeal to other young people to initiate such activities and discover how wonderful and joyful it is to help ,especially children expecting only smile as a sign of satisfaction and love.

No comments: